Friday 3 August 2007

Week 6

I don't know if it's just me...but time passes really quickly...and I mean real quick! Haven't really accomplished much in this rotation...spent quite a lot of time thinking about how I should model a certain feature of a traded instrument. Literally spending days sitting at my desk thinking. Well, at least I've talked to everyone on the team, and the head of the team actually spent an hour sharing his view and thoughts on the market with me.

When I attended IB presentations in 3Q last year, every bank said the same thing - they have a great working culture, people are willing to help, no cut-throat competition internally, etc. Of course I thought it was all bullshit, but for 6 weeks now, I have to say I haven't had any unpleasant experiences with the people there. Everyone seems genuinely helpful and happy with their work. Getting decent pay helps I suppose.

Had dinner with a friend who's interning with another IB just across the street. Haven't met up with anyone else from LSE since I started the internship. And btw, the Finance & Accounting dept at LSE have split up, so now there's officially an exclusive Finance dept.

Hmm, so what else happend in the week? The equity markets picked up a bit and then ended the week crashing again, the BoE did not raise interest rates as expected...and I left before 7pm everyday this week!

No comments: