Saturday 21 July 2007

Week 4

First desk rotation is over. Presented my project and I think it turned out alright. Had a couple of social events this week too, had a good time.

And I haven't stayed that late this week, I left at 6pm on two days. Finished my project on Thursday actually and had more time to talk to people and look at research reports on Friday.

Some of the interns are applying for other jobs at the same time, just in case they don't make the cut. I wonder if I should do the same...

Just got my pay check, and hardly been spending on anything. I guess that's why bankers are rich - they don't have time to spend. And the cafeteria is great, food is of high quality and it's subsidized by the firm. That leaves you with decent savings.

Btw, I can't blog about my project work other than mentioning it's on valuation/pricing. So contrary to what this blog is set up for, I have to say I was rather naive to think I could share with the public on my work without revealing my identity. Compliance is not something you'll want to take lightly, especially with the regulations in the financial industry. But I hope current and future MFE students and non-quants will still benefit from my postings. I'm happy to take any questions, but I guess the best place to start will be the Wilmott forum.

No comments: