Saturday 7 July 2007

Week 2

A very different experience having a desk in a wide open floor plan. A VP and a Senior Director sit beside me. MDs walk around talking to people at all levels. Contrast this to my previous job where I was confined to my little enclosed cubicle, and my manager would call me (using his speaker phone) to march into his office for discussions.

Anyway, work has been quite interesting. Typical hours for me are from 8am to 9~10pm. Right now there's not much interaction with other research teams or sales and trading. Everyone is (acts) smart, confident and professional, and when they talk to clients they really sound like experts in their field. I'm quite impressed with the talent level in the organization.

Have to get used to waking up early. Haven't done much during this weekend, just trying to get some rest and spend time with my sister.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I am srihari doing my MS FE in US. Would like to know more about you and get in touch with people in similar field. I have a backgorunf of economics and chemical engineering from India. Your blog is informative.
My email id is srihariseshadri@gmail.com

quant-obsession said...

srihari: feel free to post comments or ask questions here. I will respond whenever I have the time. Good luck with your MSFE.

Anonymous said...

a nice site for quants,indexed all quant jobs from internet: http://www.quantspot.com