Friday 27 July 2007

Week 5

It's week 5 already. Started a new project at another desk this week. Not what I expected, but it's still a rather demanding project, and I might have to learn a new programming language. Delphi, not VB or C++. Not sure if Delphi is a popular choice in the financial industry.

Day passes really quickly and I feel I haven't done much. Although we've been told that we're not directly competing against one another, we somehow feel that not all desks will have vacancies. We just had our mid-internship reviews and I think everyone did well. At least from the feedback we got.

The trading floor is simply amazing, wish I could spend some time with the traders, but everyone is incredibly busy. No chance of catching anyone, and you don't want to come across as being annoying, especially with the markets going down amid the credit and subprime woes.

5 more weeks to go...

No comments: