Saturday, 1 September 2007

Weeks 9 & 10

As expected, the % of offers this year isn't as high. I suppose the firm thinks that the credit meltdown isn't just temporary. Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and I have done pretty well. Some of the guys have been given a full-time offer, and for some, it's back to job search again.

I've got very good reviews from all the desks, BUT have not been given a final hiring decision yet (HR will get back to me next week). That's indeed frustrating and puzzling. Some of the senior managers told me they'll take me in if they could increase headcount. Nice to know that, but doesn't count for much if I don't have an official offer.
Now I'm not sure what to do, either stay in London or go back to Asia. I know my parents want me home, they keep reassuring me I'll find a "decent" job.

Yep, bottom line...I'm left in a limbo. It's been an excellent 10 weeks though. Good luck to quant-wannabes out there.

No comments: