Thursday 28 June 2007

Days 3, 4 & 5: training and meeting with manager

Training ended today, overall, a good refresher and also understood some subtle points about certain instruments. Met up with my manager and we have scoped up an interesting pricing project. Lots of background reading though, which I'll probably start to flip through before Monday. Will be up in Leeds over the weekend.

Well, I still have to make a trip to Cambridge to visit a friend. Supposed to go last week but had farewell dinners with a few coursemates who have left London for good. I guess with my schedule it's gonna be quite hard to arrange a trip, besides, my Cambridge friend will be a father in 1 week! Congrats!

Apparently, the IBD interns will be starting work this Saturday instead of next Monday...well, I guess it's true that they'll be working very long hours...somewhere from 9am to 2am. Also, the equity research guys start at 7am before the traders come in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you interning ?

Anonymous said...

hey Finmath,

Can you add Baruch MFE program in your programmes roster ? :)

www.baruch.cuny.edu/math/masters.html

quant-obsession said...

financialengineer: I'd rather not mention the name of the firm on my blog, but it's a bulge bracket IB.

anonymous: I don't suppose you're baraider from GD? ;) (who else promotes Baruch so aggressively?)