Thursday 7 June 2007

AC413 Fixed Income Markets

This is an optional module that covers fixed income market organization, introduction to interest-rate products, pricing and calibration using tree methods, Ho-Lee model, securitization, credit risk.

Exam went well this morning, as expected since half units are supposed to be easier. My first internship assignment will be on FI research, so I hope what I learnt will be useful. I've found a website with very useful materials ranging from products introduced by IBs to internal research papers. I wonder how the guy managed to get hold of the soft copies.

Anyway, exams are over, just have to complete my dissertation by 18th June. Even if I get distinctions for all my modules, it will not be enough to condone the exam I failed on Tuesday. One exam has a big impact and I spoke to DC (a premier HH, if you're in the city you should know him) about my career plans. Though his words were encouraging, it still doesn't change the fact that I have failed in my goal of attaining a distinction. Which leaves me to ponder what exactly went wrong...how could I fail a module which I like so much (and I had a distinction for my mocks).

On a merrier note, I'll be celebrating end of exams with my coursemates tomorrow. A very much needed one. I ought to stay out and enjoy the sun more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice blog! I hadnt seen this earlier. Whats your id on GD?

regds,
tapish