Saturday 2 June 2007

Counting down

I'm already counting down the days to my internship, even though I'm not done with my finals. Have a rough idea of what the internship assessment is like, but only having 3 weeks at each desk renders you little time to learn much. Then of course there's a lot of networking involved, across desks and divisions. But I can't wait to get started, been eagerly planning for years to have a go at this.

I've been living in a cave for most of the last month or so, since everyone's too busy preparing for exams. Getting bored of this, going through lecture notes and problem sets over and over again...to the point I tell myself, fuck it, I don't need a distinction, just need to pass. Yesterday the weather was too tempting and I went down to the Tuns to catch England vs Brazil. It's good to see Beckham back.

Anyway, with only 3 days left to the hardest exam (Financial Economics), I'm beginning to feel restless. In the past, many people have failed this module, and I'm wondering what will happen to me if don't graduate this July. It's a real concern to all of us...we don't even want to book tickets for the graduation ceremony just yet. I should be worried, but I'm not? But all the martingale, markovian, diffusion, Ito, BS, EMM, HJM appear when I'm sleeping.

No comments: