Friday 22 June 2007

Calendar

Got my full internship calendar. I see a lot of social/networking events and technical and soft skills training. A couple more days to relax and do some preparation. Need to press my suits and iron my shirts/trousers, etc. Oh, and there are black tie events too, so I need to invest in a nice dinner jacket soon.

Some of my friends will be going to Amsterdam, Paris and NY for training for full-time positions. Others are on vacation in Prague, Vienna, Hvar, etc enjoying themselves. But I'm not complaining...I am anxious to start work...

After posting the link to my blog on GD, I've seen increased traffic...particularly from the States. I guess most of the people on GD are from US then. Btw, people are debating whether London has taken over NY as the world's no.1 financial center. Well, for one, London is getting more M&A deals and the London Stock Exchange is the leader for IPO markets (higher than NYSE and NASDAQ combined). Besides, seems like the average salary in London is about 10% higher than Wall St, but prices are soaring. In relative terms, could perhaps work out to be the same as NY or HK I assume.

No comments: