Tuesday 5 June 2007

AC436 Financial Economics

There's a reason why at the outset they said this is the hardest exam you'll ever take in your life. It's true. To squeeze discrete and continuous time finance into one course isn't easy, but the programme committee managed to do so. It isn't the best idea in the world, but I thought it's good that in a 10-month Masters you get to see different facets of the subject itself. However, my exam went bad, awful. Catastrophic. I'm certain I'm gonna fail this one.

I normally keep a cool head when it comes to stress, especially exam stress. Today I lost it, I was flimpsy. Racing against time, and with such a large stake on the table, I lost miserably. Everything went wrong, I couldn't even get the trivial things right. 6 hours spent on a cheat sheet that was never really used. The only positive I can take away is that almost everyone felt the same way.

I'll like to believe on any other day I'll be able to do much better. They say one bad day can change your life forever. Coming off a big setback last year, this one comes next. While you may think failing a module isn't a big deal, but it is...to me. My confidence has taken a large knock, and I need to sit down and rethink my career plans.

I'm sure I'm good at this subject, but my grades will be a counterfact. So much so for all those talk of being a quant. It's hard to swallow this, but I'll just take this as a bad day. Just disappointed at myself, really. I'm a slave of my own ambitions.

ps. sorry you have to bear this shit with me and listen to me whine and moan.

No comments: